Story of the "Great Elm" (1750-1950)

The following article, written by Jared B. Standish in 1959, is from the archives of Wethersfield Historical Society. According to a memoranda book kept by James Smith, father of the present occupant of the premises abutting, Mr. Charles H. Smith states that John Smith, an uncle who died in 1818, aged 72, pulled it up […]