History of Trinity Parish (Episcopal)

The cornerstone of Trinity Parish was laid on June 1, 1871. The earliest history of Trinity Parish began in 1729, when the Rev. Samuel Johnson of Stratford, Connecticut visited Westerly, Rhode Island and Wethersfield, Connecticut for the purpose of establishing Episcopal churches at these places. These initial efforts were unsuccessful.   In 1797, a church was organized […]

About the Author: Phil Lohman

Phil Lohman had a 23 year career with the Hartford Courant’s Graphics Department.  In retirement, he drew a guide to trees on Broad Street Green for the Village Improvement Association.  For the Wethersfield Library he illustrated locations described in Elizabeth George Speare’s award-winning book “The Witch of Blackbird Pond”, a story of colonial life in […]