On October 3, 2020, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, the ever-popular and ever-new Old Wethersfield Arts and Crafts Fair returns for the 39th time. Long known and appreciated for the diversity of its vendors and the uniqueness of their wares, OWACF will again host over 60 select artists and crafters offering original works of art and handmade crafts. It is a wonderful opportunity to support art AND historic preservation, while shopping and enjoying the outdoors. The Old Wethersfield Arts & Crafts Fair will again return to the beautiful grounds of Cove Park, but this year we will be putting the historic Solomon Welles House to use as an internal venue for wine and beer tasting in addition to several unique food offerings that we have not had in years past. While many of your favorite exhibitors will be returning, there will be many new additions to the roster. There will be pottery, woodwork, prints, jewelry, textiles, fabric art, painting, photography, and so much more. Free parking will be available along State Street, and adjacent to the DMV. Valet bike parking by Bike Walk Wethersfield will again be available along the State Street entrance.
Be sure and return to this page often for additional updates and a list of participating vendors as they become available.
If you are interested in being an exhibitor at the 39th Annual Old Wethersfield Arts and Crafts Fair, please review the following rules:
- Artwork must be handmade, skillfully created, and produced by or under the direction of the artist.
- Artists may show work only in categories in which they were accepted.
- Artists may not exhibit or sell work that is not represented in submitted jury images.
- Artists may not exhibit or sell work by other artists.
- Imported items and mass-produced work is not allowed—no exceptions. This policy will be strictly enforced this year.
- All work must be for sale.
- Artists must personally attend their exhibits throughout the OW Arts & Crafts Fair.
- Artists are expected to comply with all regulations and respect artistry standards.
- The Wethersfield Historical Society reserves the right to remove any artist from the present or future fairs for breach of the written participation rules, the laws of the State of Connecticut, or for disruptive/abusive behavior.Please remember that the 39th Annual Old Wethersfield Arts & Crafts Fair is a juried event and that submitting an application does not guarantee a spot at the fair.
The online application is available here.
Selected crafters and artisans click here.