Wethersfield Historical Society presents the Annual Old Wethersfield Arts & Crafts Fair on Saturday, October 7 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm for the 41st time. Join us for a day of community, fun, and celebration on the beautiful grounds of Cove Park in the heart of the oldest and largest historic district in Connecticut. (Also the state’s most recently designated Cultural District). Browse hand-made items, shop for unique gifts, meet the artists, and watch demonstrations from over 60 juried artisans and vendors. There will be pottery, woodwork, prints, jewelry, textiles, and fabric art, painting, photography, and so much more. Free parking is available along State Street, and adjacent to the DMV.
Wethersfield Historical Society’s Tent will be filled with “Attic Treasures” and treats. Our volunteer bakers will be offering delicious home-made goodies for sale. Throughout the year, our friends and neighbors have been donating one-of-a-kind items to our “Attic Treasures” that the society offers for sale to help support our educational programming. The Old Wethersfield Arts & Crafts Fair also welcomes other area non-profits like the Wethersfield Academy for the Arts, the Wethersfield Art League, and Ginger’s Jams and Jellies to share their work and missions with the community.
The Old Wethersfield Arts & Crafts Fair is a benefit event that supports Wethersfield Historical Society, a 501(c)3 non-profit, membership supported organization founded in 1932. The Society offers free admission to the Wethersfield Museum year round in addition to providing quality educational programming that improves the lives of residents and helps preserve the oldest and largest historic district in the state of Connecticut.
If you are interested in participating and your work meets the criteria below, please submit an online application HERE. Please remember that the 41st Annual Old Wethersfield Arts & Crafts Fair is a juried event and that submitting an application does not guarantee a spot at the fair. If your application is accepted and you receive a contract, you have 30 days to respond or you will be moved off the off the participating vendor list.
- Artwork must be handmade, skillfully created, and produced by or under the direction of the artist.
- Artists may show work only in categories in which they were accepted.
- Artists may not exhibit or sell work that is not represented in submitted jury images.
- Artists may not exhibit or sell work by other artists.
- If selected artists elect to share their booth space with another artist, the guest artist must submit their own application and be approved prior to participating.
- Imported items and mass-produced work is not allowed—no exceptions. This policy will be strictly enforced this year.
- All work must be for sale.
- Artists must personally attend their exhibits throughout the OW Arts & Crafts Fair.
- Artists are expected to comply with all regulations and respect artistry standards.
- The Wethersfield Historical Society reserves the right to remove any artist from the present or future fairs for breach of the written participation rules, the laws of the State of Connecticut, or for disruptive/abusive behavior.
Returning crafters and artisans who attended in 2022, click HERE
Returning crafters and artisans who did NOT attend in 2022, click HERE
Selected crafters and artisans, click HERE
Participating Crafters and Vendors 2023
Alison Designs, LLC
Yarn Addiction Arts
Salmon Brook Sun Catchers